PDA

View Full Version : Another Part Number Recci!

Coops
30-04-2006, 18:40
after trying to figure out that squeak i was gettin i've solved it........

on a slightly scarier note it turns out to be the bolt for the subframe near the nearside rear of the frame, back side of the front wheel. i remeber vaguely my mechanic mentioning a lose bolt there, but it not being a fail or major issue.

after taking a socket to it i realised its ****ed, in all honesty, its just spins inside the threaded bracket on the topside. i havent tried undoing it yet but am hopin it will come off okay.

i then had a look at the same mounting point on the other side, turns out the bush and spacer assembly is missing from the squeaking side! :oops:

so i need the part numbers for new stuff for that whole lot, the bolt, bush, spacers and threaded bracket.

Cheers

Coops

Clio_GTT
30-04-2006, 19:03
theres no bush on the nearside rear mate, just a bolt.

The bolt has a nut within a cage, and the cage usually breaks. the cage has two prongs on it, poke them out and the cage will pop off the top of the nut, then you can get a spanner on it. undo it and take it all out and just replace it with a short M12 and nyloc nut ;)

Clio_GTT
30-04-2006, 19:07
http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f360/Clio16v-widetrack/?action=view&current=coops.jpg

Coops
30-04-2006, 23:09
bush on only one side? :? bit weird! all there in black n white on the dialogys tho! mad as a fish!

cheers for the info tho mate!

Coops

Clio_GTT
01-05-2006, 10:31
It deffo doesn't have a bush on that side, my willy frame didn't and the 16v one i took off didn't

to prove it look at lunners frame in the for sale section ;)

Coops
01-05-2006, 17:05
not a chance am gettin that little metal bracket thing off mate, i've popped one side out and hacksawed the other off but there aint nearly enuf clearance to be able to lift it off the end of the nut/bolt before u hit the chassis. :evil:

not got a clue where to go from here?

Clio_GTT
01-05-2006, 20:24
undo the other 3 slightly and angle grind the bolt.

VIPERONE
02-05-2006, 00:29
the o/s rear bolt sits inside a tubular bush unit.. on the subframe..the part is availible as i bought it lol

Clio_GTT
02-05-2006, 18:30
the o/s rear bolt sits inside a tubular bush unit.. on the subframe..the part is availible as i bought it lol

yes but hes talking about the n/s/r ;)

Coops
02-05-2006, 18:57
ai gibbo, your so off the pace after so long away! :wink: :P

VIPERONE
02-05-2006, 19:24
u can manipulate a spanner in to the gap.. and if the cage is in the way use needle nose pliers to rag it out.. i had todo this...

cage out ---spanner in use a bar on the bottom bolt. oh spray plenty of plus gas in.

Coops
03-05-2006, 17:17
ragged that little metal fooker out just, bloody thing so now no squeak, just an unnerving clunk if i change direction quickly! :shock:

plus gas is like wd40 right? cuz thats all i got, soaked it in that neway n used a breaker bar on the end of the spanner and ring spanner on the top, wont shift, and am proper givin it some n all, tough little blighter!

gonna go over to craigs work tonite maybe n see if he can help, if not am just gonna get a garage do it cuz i cant be arsed nemore, i want it ready for new rear shocks end of the week. 8)

Lunner
03-05-2006, 17:20
plus gas is similar to WD-40, but its purley a penetrating oil, IMO the best about

Coops
03-05-2006, 17:26
mm mite have to invest due to continuing to own this bloody rust bucket! :lol: