PDA

View Full Version : RT Fuel Relay Problem

EvilJohn
29-04-2006, 00:10
Ok after refitting the engine we tried to start it this evening

basically with everything connected as it should the "fuel injection locking relay" starts clicking wildly along with the fuel pump itself, no spark and car wont start

if i remove the fuel injection locking relay and leave just the fuel pump relay, it clicks wildly instead

if i remove the pump relay and leave the locking relay the relay clicks once, then the fuel injector starts buzzing loudly and sprays fuel into the inlet, still no spark tho...

if i leave both relays inplace but remove the pump fuse or unplug the pump itself under the rear seat i get nothing at all, no clicks or buzzing at all

the pump works as ive put 12v directly to it and it spins up nicely and u can hear it pressurise the lines etc

any ideas?

Sam16v
29-04-2006, 10:36
sounds like a dodgy earth strap to me try running another from the engine to the body or even to the battery negative terminal

Purple
29-04-2006, 12:09
I think gunnergibson had the same problem some time back. You can check with him what he did to fix it.

EvilJohn
29-04-2006, 13:00
Turned out to be a dodgy earth on the starter motor, must be linked to the full fuel system!!

Cheers anyhoo