PDA

View Full Version : What to pay for a williams

Scott182
28-04-2006, 11:37
Hello guys an gals new to this forum as have only just found it and need some advise how much to pay for a williams clio i have seen on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-WILLIAMS-1994_W0QQitemZ4634449539QQcategoryZ9861QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or if the car is known to anyone from here.

If i dont get this one i shall certainly get another, what are the common fault on these and what do i specially look out for when viewing one?

Any help appreciated

Cheers Scott

Zollo
28-04-2006, 11:43
£2,000 and below - Money pit.
£2,000 to £3,000 - Will be alright, although it won't be anywhere near perfect.
£3,000 to £4,000 - The right money to pay for a very good Williams.
£4,000 and upwards - Will have to be absolutely faultless.

Just my opinion of course!

Smokey McPot
28-04-2006, 11:46
I concur with all but the last.

Whatever the money you pay, you're gonna have to pay out eventually. Above £4000 though and you're looking at some special examples.

malbon
28-04-2006, 12:50
I'd agree with Zollo on that one.

Purple
28-04-2006, 13:05
Don't forget - with any old performance car - it's not how much you paid for it; it's how much you set aside to pay for the first year's repair and replacements. If it's a big enough amount, you will have a good running motor from year 2 onwards.

Daz.
28-04-2006, 13:13
[quote="Zollo"]£2,000 and below - Money pit.[quote]

Disagree with that totally - depends on the car....

Depends if your looking for a project or want something amazing first time round - if I got the rust sorted and the parking dents removed I'd be be looking at just over the £2k for the whole project and i'd openly challenge anyone in the minty'ness stakes.... full service history bills coming out of my ears and a lot of love for the car - I was chatting to a guy yesterday who used to work on it years back and said it was faultless...

Just my opinion though!

Zollo
28-04-2006, 13:25
[quote="Zollo"]£2,000 and below - Money pit.[quote]

Depends if your looking for a project or want something amazing first time round - if I got the rust sorted and the parking dents removed I'd be be looking at just over the £2k for the whole project and i'd openly challenge anyone in the minty'ness stakes.... full service history bills coming out of my ears and a lot of love for the car - I was chatting to a guy yesterday who used to work on it years back and said it was faultless...

Just my opinion though!

Sounds like you got a bargain 8)

But I'm not talking about one person's good buy. I'm talking about the market in general. And reading most other people's experiances of going to see Willies, it seems anything under £3,000 isn't going to generally get you a great example.

I'm not only talking about appearance too. Drive a perfect Williams and you'll realise there's more important things than unrusty arches and mint wheels.

Coops
28-04-2006, 13:52
£2,000 to £3,000 - Will be alright, although it won't be anywhere near perfect.
£3,000 to £4,000 - The right money to pay for a very good Williams.
£4,000 and upwards - Will have to be absolutely faultless.
Just my opinion of course!

:lol: :lol:

more like

£2,000 to £3,000 - Money pit.
£3,000 to £4,000 - Money pit.
£4,000 and upwards - Money pit.

:wink:

Scott182
28-04-2006, 14:36
Thanks for the feedback guys kinda get the feeling its going to cost me money one way or the other.
What to look out for would be good tho, apart from the rusty rear arches that ive picked up on
Thanks Scott.

Daz.
28-04-2006, 16:13
[quote=Zollo]£2,000 and below - Money pit.[quote]

Just my opinion though!

Sounds like you got a bargain 8)

But I'm not talking about one person's good buy. I'm talking about the market in general. And reading most other people's experiances of going to see Willies, it seems anything under £3,000 isn't going to generally get you a great example.

I'm not only talking about appearance too. Drive a perfect Williams and you'll realise there's more important things than unrusty arches and mint wheels.

Very true - after driving this i've realised how shagged the suspension on the valver was - everythings tight with this one - bit trammy with these 195's on though...