PDA

View Full Version : Nervous!

Kelly
28-04-2006, 11:29
Im getting a bit bored with my job, its a good job but the agency I work for currently just don't have the big clients I want to work on (media planning/buying)

I was moaning to a girl I know over lunch who mentioned that there was an opening at her office (similar job).

She got her Manager to ring me, who invited me in for an informal chat to see if the job would be something i'd be interested in.

No problem I thought - until he rang me to say the UK MD wanted to see me too.

Now im nervous lol :( Setting off in half an hour!

fasterthanjesus
28-04-2006, 11:33
good luck !

Purple
28-04-2006, 11:37
Couple of standard question to prep you.

- Where do you see yourself in 3/5 years time?
- What can you bring to the company?
- Recent accomplishments?

Good luck!

Anders
28-04-2006, 11:38
Go for it....

you don't know if you don't try....

you are in a good position by having a job already..if you don't like it then walk away knowing that you tried but ultimately it wasn't for you.

Most people struggle just to get an interview, be proud of yourself for getting this far and for the company to invite you for an interview based on just one conversation...

Let us know how it went...

LaurenGTI
28-04-2006, 11:48
Good luck Kelly....let us know how it goes! :D

Kelly
28-04-2006, 11:49
Cheers guys, funny thing in the office, fridays are dress down days, i'm having to pretend I'm going seeing my bank manager hehe

I'll report back :)

rt_blackpool
28-04-2006, 13:49
Im getting a bit bored with my job, its a good job but the agency I work for currently just don't have the big clients I want to work on (media planning/buying)

I was moaning to a girl I know over lunch who mentioned that there was an opening at her office (similar job).

She got her Manager to ring me, who invited me in for an informal chat to see if the job would be something i'd be interested in.

No problem I thought - until he rang me to say the UK MD wanted to see me too.

Now im nervous lol :( Setting off in half an hour!

am i reading too much into this?! :lol:

Kelly
28-04-2006, 16:18
:lol: no :P

Anyway - I went and spoke to the guys, it was more of a chat than an interview. He has 3 other people to see that are interested in the job, so we'll see how things go. I think our chat went quite well so fingers crossed :)

Kelly
09-05-2006, 16:11
UPDATE: (if you care or not LOL)

I have another interview next week (Wednesday) and after speaking to my rep friend this afternoon, she told me its between me and one other girl

Thing is, i've seen another job somewhere else that I'm more interested in which I sent my cv over for today. I hope I hear back from that before this final interview!

northy
09-05-2006, 16:16
:D

GOOD LUCK !

2 live
09-05-2006, 21:10
good luck kel....hope it all works out the way u want

FlamingMonkey
09-05-2006, 22:20
Good luck Kelly, just been through all this crap myself, well starting the new job bit, nervous at the beginning, but once your there its easy 8)

GazTwo
09-05-2006, 22:58
Good luck Kelly.... :D

Kelly
10-05-2006, 09:24
Thanks guys :)

I'll report back either way and let you know how things go :? :o

Kelly
11-05-2006, 15:26
Woohoo! Got an interview for the other 'more interesting' job I sent my cv to on Tuesday :D

Managed to fit it in next Tuesday before my second interview for the other place on Wednesday.

Excited now!

Kelly
22-05-2006, 10:58
All interviews over and done with now, just waiting for the dreaded phone calls :?

2 live
22-05-2006, 11:48
how u feel u did in em??

if u feel u did ok, theres always a good chance lol

Kelly
22-05-2006, 13:03
The first one wasnt great, the second one I ended up talking cars with the UK MD - his mate used to have a fiat coupe turbo liek mine but black lol

The second interview also, the MD introduced me to other members of staff in the office. He said its not just up to him if i get a job, the others must like you too :?

Scary sh!t lol

Anyway, over and done with now so gotta wait and see :)

2 live
22-05-2006, 13:58
The first one wasnt great, the second one I ended up talking cars with the UK MD - his mate used to have a fiat coupe turbo liek mine but black lol

The second interview also, the MD introduced me to other members of staff in the office. He said its not just up to him if i get a job, the others must like you too :?

Scary sh!t lol

Anyway, over and done with now so gotta wait and see :)

sounds like the 2nd one may have gone down quite well then lol

good luck