PDA

View Full Version : GAZ coilovers

clowo16v
26-04-2006, 16:05
I've heard about them hittting the bonnet but by how much? Obviously with a fibreglass bonnet I don't want them to hit it, but I was planning on spacing the back of the bonnet up anyway to let the hot air out of the engine bay.

Matt

Lunner
26-04-2006, 18:39
I've heard about them hittting the bonnet but by how much? Obviously with a fibreglass bonnet I don't want them to hit it, but I was planning on spacing the back of the bonnet up anyway to let the hot air out of the engine bay.

Matt

.....and letting the water in?

1fast6
26-04-2006, 18:49

Matt

.....and letting the water in?

lol too right. Better hope it doesn't rain not to mention it will look strange and probably rattle.

clowo16v
26-04-2006, 21:02
It'll only go down the bulkhead I did it on my 106 the engine ran a lot cooler cooler with it raised.

Matt

Martin
26-04-2006, 21:04
I think Mark Ritchspeed did this also with no probs might try it on mine...as it gets roasting on track

clowo16v
26-04-2006, 21:10
The problem with drag racing/trackdays is that the engine gets very hot cos ur sat still for a long time. At York I was taking the bonnet off but I think this was making the car slower at the 85mph+. On the road with the bonnet off you can feel the difference when you get above 80mph it doesn't seem to accelerate as quick.

Matt

Martin
26-04-2006, 21:15
Mine is noticeably quicker with the bonnet off mate maybe due too the open filter...got 96mph with the 1 run with bonnet on 98-100mph with it off