PDA

View Full Version : £3500 sound about right? willy 3

bill.
24-04-2006, 16:14
going to veiw a williams 3 tonight, its a 1995, just had the arches and drivers side sill sorted of rust, its awaiting williams stickers and its going to be getting a full mot, before i get it (if i get it) its done 61,000 miles and has full service history, k + n filter, exhaust, and twin headlamp conversion, presuming the car is in good nick, which i am imagining it to be, as the blokes going to the trouble of sorting out the arches and sills, does 3.5k sound about right?

cheers

Zollo
24-04-2006, 16:24
Yeah, that sounds about right if it drives nicely and the mileage seems genuine.

bill.
25-04-2006, 08:43
another one not upto scratch with a few funny things about it

malbon
25-04-2006, 12:03
im open to offers on mine if your interested. its in the for sale section

bill.
25-04-2006, 15:08
pm'd

stegreeny
25-04-2006, 19:24
why what was wrong with this one ?

bill.
26-04-2006, 16:28
well the bonnet was that of a williams 1 or 2 in colour, so that wasn't a good start, the arches where sprayed up poorly, it had a momo steering wheel which i was then told will be getting a williams 2 wheel fitted instead as they are better than williams 3 ones, it had the wrong spare wheel, and a few other niggly things which would have pissed me off had i bought the car, when i originally bought a valver, it was MINT, then i bought a cossie which was a shed, so i now want another MINT car, so i am being a fussy twat!

Zollo
26-04-2006, 17:11
Williams 1, 2 and 3 wheels are all the same. And I wouldn't worry about the spare wheel. Someone would have been able to sort you out with a genuine steelie. Don't worry about small stuff like that, cos people on here will easily sort you out with stuff like that :)

Fair enough about the arches and bonnet though. Sounds like it would've been a dog to drive as well.

bill.
26-04-2006, 18:07
bloke said it was a turbine and it was only on for the mot, then he's gonna put another one on, he seemed to be doing a lot of swapping things around so i thought i'd give it a miss, think i may have found THE ONE though!

then all the questions will start :wink:

details to follow as and when :D

Martin
26-04-2006, 18:14
Jan's old car is for sale at a good price at the moment was a good un' when I saw it .....3s are crap anyway :wink:

bill.
26-04-2006, 18:16
jans? got any more info mate?

Martin
26-04-2006, 18:17
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12603

Zollo
26-04-2006, 18:20
And....

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4758&highlight=

Not that there's much more useful info on there!

bill.
26-04-2006, 18:25
cheers for the links, just in the middle of sorting out a veiwing for a nice 3 :D

stegreeny
26-04-2006, 21:33
hi bill apolagies that was my car you looked at , just wanted to know what you thought which i pretty much new cos id of thought the same . my friend did the arches and he did them on a williams 2 i had and did a first class job which the lads at LTR will vouch for as well because i think they want him to do some work, anyway i think hes rushed it this time as he was going on holiday and im a bit pissed off because as you you seen its not the best of jobs, the bonnet is monaco blue but i think the previous owner had some one spray the stone chips and has sprayed up to the fisrt crease in 449 blue :shock: . with the morettes being plastic they always look a slightley different shade so i think that highlighted it even more as well. when i bought the car i told you it had 16 inch wheels on and i had to source some original wheels which i did so obviously the spare wheel will have to be a 16 so i put a turbine underneath for mot till i got one off LTR.
its a shame you never drove the car because the milage is 100% genuine with FRSH and like i told you is the best williams i have personally drove . under normal circumstances i wouldnt let anyone come and look at the car untill i had everthing sorted which its why its not advertised , its just you new it was coming up for sale and was keen to look. im sorry if i wasted your time, wish you good luck and hope you find a minter soon mate

bill.
27-04-2006, 15:55
hi bill apolagies that was my car you looked at , just wanted to know what you thought which i pretty much new cos id of thought the same . my friend did the arches and he did them on a williams 2 i had and did a first class job which the lads at LTR will vouch for as well because i think they want him to do some work, anyway i think hes rushed it this time as he was going on holiday and im a bit pissed off because as you you seen its not the best of jobs, the bonnet is monaco blue but i think the previous owner had some one spray the stone chips and has sprayed up to the fisrt crease in 449 blue :shock: . with the morettes being plastic they always look a slightley different shade so i think that highlighted it even more as well. when i bought the car i told you it had 16 inch wheels on and i had to source some original wheels which i did so obviously the spare wheel will have to be a 16 so i put a turbine underneath for mot till i got one off LTR.
its a shame you never drove the car because the milage is 100% genuine with FRSH and like i told you is the best williams i have personally drove . under normal circumstances i wouldnt let anyone come and look at the car untill i had everthing sorted which its why its not advertised , its just you new it was coming up for sale and was keen to look. im sorry if i wasted your time, wish you good luck and hope you find a minter soon mate

no need to apologise mate, like i say i'm just being very fussy with my next car purchase, as i've been stung once before, and want to get as good a williams as i can this time, i had no doubt about what you said about the car being the best one you had ever driven or about the milage being genuine, the reason i didn't take it for a test drive was simply that i did not want to waste any more of your time, i had already decided the car wasn't for me, so i didn't see the point in messing you about, thanks for giving me 1st refusal on it though, and i have no doubt you have no trouble selling it in the near future, like i said mate i'm just being very picky, best of luck and cheers