PDA

View Full Version : Electrics help!

Martin
23-04-2006, 11:09
So I decided to take the dash out to get a look at my fooked steering column mounts...done now but there have been casualties lol

central locking, indicators/hazards are dead & fuel/oil gauges are now erratic/inaccurate also my rev counter changes when dipped beam is selected dodgy earth?

throw us a bone lol and no I don't have haynes :oops:

clowo16v
23-04-2006, 11:34
They could all share an earth have a check round and see if you find anything dodgy.

Are you putting the dash back in? I've taken mine out and i've started removing all the wiring thats not needed any more. I took nearly 5kg of wiring out from the car yesterday, and a further 5kg from taking all the useless bits of dashboard out (heater vents & controls etc). I'm taking the heater out next weekend which should get rid of a fair bit of weight.

Matt

Martin
23-04-2006, 12:14
No I'm leaving the dash out...mate just gotta shift the heater matrix now and clip the loom. I'm gonna go back and have a fiddle now

wavy
23-04-2006, 12:42
:shock: flippin heck guys theres gonna be nowt left :lol:
whats next extream diets :lol:

Coops
23-04-2006, 13:42
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/coopahstar/dustbin.jpg

+

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/coopahstar/engine.jpg

=

Martins Clio!!

:lol:

clowo16v
23-04-2006, 14:09
LOL i'm trying to get myself to less than 10 stone again like I was at the start of last year thats about 10kg weight off the car haha.

I reckon we should be able to get a Clio to around 750kg but it'll take a lot of work.

BTW Martin where did you get the hooks from that you've got your harnasses fastened in with?

Matt

Martin
23-04-2006, 17:27
Came with the harnesses mate....after taking the heater matrix out I think I've finished the car off...it won't start now lol.

Gonna have to get garage/aa on the scene :lol:

clowo16v
23-04-2006, 17:56
LOL have you reconnected the battery?

Theres so many wires behind the dash its scary. Im fairly competent at vehicle wiring and it took me ages to sort out the shit I could get rid of and what needed to stay. I can't wait to get the rid of the Renault ECU and the ABS so I can rewire the car it'll get rid of loads of weight.

Matt

bass_direct
23-04-2006, 22:34
same thing happened to me i was messing around with the dash and the indicators/brake lights/all the speedo lights didn't work..

turned out to be a fuse and a relay ;)

Martin
24-04-2006, 16:05
ahh that sounds likely cheers bass_direct