PDA

View Full Version : squeaky stearing

rt_blackpool
22-04-2006, 13:31
when ive got the stearing on a full lock left or right there's a squeaking noise.

i've just finished changing the PAS fluid, and noticed that its one of the little wheels (pulleys?) that the belt goes round on the drivers side of the engine.
basically its sticking causing the squeak. is this a major thing to sort (belt change?) or could it be the PAS pump?

i can get a picture and show exactly which pulley is sticking if anyone wants.

dannyb1986
22-04-2006, 13:59
if its jsut sticking try and spray some wd 40 on it, or remove the pulley and try and clean the shaft if thats were its sticking, ive known water pumps stick buit never a PAS pump!

Rott
22-04-2006, 14:59
If it's only happening on full lock don't take it all the way, I did a rack in once due to PAS u don't realise the force that the hydraulics are creating, and driving it into the rack stops ain't doing any good, can't picture exactly what you mean but sounds like ur getting a fluid lock (if it is the pas pump) may well b that the p/p is on it's last legs, not sure, nevertheless i'd stay away from full lock or ur gonna tear up th belt

VIPERONE
22-04-2006, 15:22
bleedthe power steeringand also change theaux belt... youc an always adjust the tension of the aux belt also.

rt_blackpool
26-04-2006, 08:03
if its jsut sticking try and spray some wd 40 on it, or remove the pulley and try and clean the shaft if thats were its sticking, ive known water pumps stick buit never a PAS pump!

i thought abut that but would would WD40 not damage the belt, or just make it slip all together?

bleedthe power steeringand also change theaux belt... youc an always adjust the tension of the aux belt also.

i've just done a fluid change and bleed and its still the same.
how do you adjust the tension on the belt?