PDA

View Full Version : Which Induction Kit?

J_A_R_B
21-04-2006, 11:19
Hi All

I am in the process of purchasing a williams 2 off a friend of mine, which is currently running a K&N airfilter but have been advised by him and others that their are better solution due to the K&N sucking in hot air from behind the rad? I have spoken to hill power who recommended a standard air box solution with high flow panel filter with ducting from the fog light holes in the bumper. Can anybody comment on how good this system is and if there are any more better solutions that i can look into. I don't really want to cut holes so the other hill power solution is not an option.

thanks for all you comments

regards

James

1fast6
21-04-2006, 11:28
you dont cut holes you either remove one of the fog lights or remove the blanking plates to the side of the fog's. Yes the airbox and uprated element solution is the best apart from maybe an inclosed IK such as an ITG maxogen.

northy
21-04-2006, 11:32
totally standard airbox and either a K&N, green or ITG filter.

J_A_R_B
21-04-2006, 11:35
Hi

Sorry was not very clear in original post was reffering to the other induction kit that hill power do which goes through the engine bay wall.

regards

James

1fast6
21-04-2006, 11:38
Hi

Sorry was not very clear in original post was reffering to the other induction kit that hill power do which goes through the engine bay wall.

regards

James

Oh i see. Yeah i wouldn't destroy my car with one of those either. Probably little to no gain too.

Anders
21-04-2006, 12:56
Unless you are tuning the whole inlet track as a complete system, then uprating the air filter is gonna give you bugger all.

Standard airbox is the most common with an uprated filter, as this does a pretty good job at keeping the air cooler inside rather than being exposed to hot externals.

VIPERONE
21-04-2006, 13:01
I have a k& N a pipercross and a £5 airbox filter...

needless to say the £5 filter works best
the pipercross sounds by far the best (like a muscle car)
the K7N is ugly and gash.

the best setup is custom induction kit using a throttle body adapter and renault 21 airbox.

BRUN
21-04-2006, 18:23
if you want an ITG panel filter they are £29 from me delivered

wavy
21-04-2006, 19:06
if you want an ITG panel filter they are £29 from me delivered

if thats open to every one ill take u up on that in a few weeks mate :)

BRUN
22-04-2006, 00:50
yup it is, sold loads on here, about 10 or more i think now