PDA

View Full Version : LTR??

Martin
19-04-2006, 23:20
Have winston & taylor fled to rio or summut?

Booked my car in to have cage fitted last week went down on tuesday and the place was locked up neither was answering their phone and the work number is cut off?

Waited around for 45 mins or so with Hooligan who was also up their looking for a starter motor (good to meet you mate) then fooked off home 100 mile round trip for nowt!! :x

MattyH16valver
19-04-2006, 23:55
Lol, seems like it...think the landlines been disconnected for a while.

wavy
20-04-2006, 00:05
james rang me today they will be there tomorrow
im going around 12

good to meet you aswell m8 8) and see the car ( whats left of it) :lol:

BenR
20-04-2006, 00:21
thats a big cup of tea and cookies to make up for that! ;)

VIPERONE
20-04-2006, 16:40
There are a few issues at the moment
Winston is in hospital ill today, he isnt the issue....its the other half of the business... i dont wish to vent my anger on here about it..all i will say is :
after 3 weeks 4 different completion times for finishing a job many excuses.. my mate is at LTR today helping do work on his own car..

Taylor has been monitored over the last 3 weeks...

the spy cam has seen him working on his own motorbike, going out on his scrambler for the day, having his mates round riding field bikes up and down the street,working on his own 21 and the majority of the 3 weeks no one has been in work.

Winston, i know the score with you , get well soon look forward to seeing you again.

Martin
20-04-2006, 18:02
hmm well there seems to be lack of organisation there thats for sure....not gonna go into details but...I think I'll stick with my local garage from now on I know he's reliable.

MattyH16valver
20-04-2006, 19:57
:shock:

clio-16-valver
20-04-2006, 23:11
Im still waiting for a bonnet which I paid for 6 weeks ago :o

Starting to feel a bit ripped off.

stan
21-04-2006, 12:03
given what i have seen/heard, it seams that there are certain elements of this set-up that are totally cowboy.....

IMO of course

Rich
21-04-2006, 17:44
shame if one side is spoiling it for the other, he obviously doesnt care about his mate or the business at all :roll:

McPikie
23-04-2006, 22:04
I won't be using them again

MatBrown
23-04-2006, 23:07
I won't be using them again

Bad experience?

Mat.

wavy
24-04-2006, 00:25
I won't be using them again either

cambelt+service turned from a 2 day job in to 14 days of stress
after 9 days i even got the dreeded phonecall " erm i think iv bent your valves dont worry ill fix it" :shock:
5 days later after another mechanic looks over the engine it turns out it didnt have bent valves it was in gear all along
i get my car back :) im happy it runs good

a week later my gearbox needs changing
they change the g/b 2 days turns in to 5 but i can handle that
drops off the car at 11.30 @ night (not my fault im not hitler LOL) tells me keep an eye on ye temp he says it was high when i drove it over :shock:
wierd i say its never done that :?
so i pay him (should of checked the car 1st) he sets off i say ill go for a spin
turn the key and car wont start i get him on mobile straight away (i can still hear the car on my estate) he comes back trys for 10 mins but the car still wont start no prob ill call again tomorrow he says
tomorrrow comes i open bonnet with winston fills up water bottle it 1/2 drops on floor :? so he hit my starter a few times it starts
i drive back to LTR very slowly and winston fixs the water problem
they didnt touch the starter motor they said its just bad timing :?: so its time for me to buy new starter motor (not to happy but what can i say prob bad timing :? )
i had no more money left so it had to wait 2 weeks :( so for 2 weeks iv been parkin on slopes ur using the hammer :oops: on a car that run great before :?
i rang saturday to arrange time was told they was open bank holiday monday i rang quite a lot they wasnt answering
drove there tues again empty unit another person was waiting
go thursday they are open another guy(willy 2 new g/b) is there waiting for work to be finished so didnt have enough time so said come again tomorrow (fair enough)so i go again friday to be told the same other ppl showed up expecting work done so im told get here early @ 9 ill do it
at 11 he shows at 12 he starts takes some bits off then says i need to take ya engine out
nicely i say put it back together and ill cya later ](*,)

what can i say i like winston and james and i know my car was a bitch to work on because the engine had never been taken out before but thats enough for me
sorry if u think this much info is over the top i feel bad writing it
winston does know his stuff about clios james does know about renault 21
and i know a lot of ppl have have work done and are happy
hell im happy with the gearbox :)

also i do know winston is ill and has been in hospital all this week so get well soon

sorry guys :(

Tommo
24-04-2006, 15:14
I hate to say it but after reading these comments I'll be using Hill Power for any major work.

2 live
24-04-2006, 15:27
tbh mate...i think if more people were honest about their experiences at certain garages/co.s then it would save a lot of other people the hassles theyv been through. instead most people seem to keep quiet, or actually praise shoddy workmanship.

bass_direct
24-04-2006, 22:02
Here's my experience...

Got an rsi shell off them...booked it in for a 16v conversion.. 60k mile engine + brand new (<1k) gearbox.. plus few phase 2 parts, 16v dash etc...

car was ready on a thursday i got there on the following monday night, paid them, started fine, drives fine, never had a problem (touch wood) and it's been fine ever since!

Only thing i have to change is the dogbone mount and a few small things but hey it's not hard!!

Service and timing was great, and cheers winston for picking me up :P Get well soon mate!

My experience - good stuff :D
Rating - 9/10 8)

Rich
24-04-2006, 22:24
seems as if it depends who you get workin on the car to me

Coops
24-04-2006, 22:34
ai, twas me that got bass_directs fuel pump workin! :wink:

Scott-16v!
24-04-2006, 22:37
i had a trouble free experience with LTR, but then again all i did was pick a set of alloys up :wink: :lol:

craig100
24-04-2006, 22:41
i had a trouble free experience with LTR, but then again all i did was pick a set of alloys up :wink: :lol:

lol always one

Lunner
24-04-2006, 22:46
I do all my own work that way if somethign goes wrong i usually kow what it is, and this way i know everythign is always done properly....plus its alot cheaper :D

Tommo
24-04-2006, 23:06
I do all my own work that way if somethign goes wrong i usually kow what it is, and this way i know everythign is always done properly....plus its alot cheaper :D

Can u do work on mine if stuff fails then.... :wink: ? I only have limited technical knowledge and hate paying cowboy garage rates!

VIPERONE
24-04-2006, 23:14
LOL lunner is a cowboy!

Tommo
24-04-2006, 23:16
:o

BRUN
25-04-2006, 00:11
the only problem ive had with LTR was when Winston booked me in and then didnt turn up

later found out about his illness so that explained that, prior to that ive had no problems

i think Winstons illness is bad timing, the start of a new business, not as though it can be helped though and i hope he gets through it all ok, also what wont be helpin is mates, no doubt both of them probably have mates coming round wanting work done for nothing or loan of tools etc, cos.....'my mates got a garage ill go see him he will sort it for me'.......think they need to tell em all to **** off tbh so they can concentrate on the business, making money, and getting a good reputation for good work and reliability

Loobie_lou
25-04-2006, 02:41
ive had no probs with LTR

clowo16v
25-04-2006, 06:13
TBH I'm a competent mechanic but I don't do paid work on my friends cars as i'd rather still have a mate than fall out with somebody if something breaks.

Matt

Winston
25-04-2006, 12:50
Thanks for the feedback guys :oops:

Im not going to bullshit my way out of it ....The place sucks and needs the following issues sorting, I was up for getting out of hospital and shutting up shop but we are too far in

Im on the mend ish (not really wanting to go into it much on a car forum lol)

But im much better ...thanks for the get well soons

Cheers
Winston

PS Im well sorry to all the pissed off folk

wavy
25-04-2006, 16:31
winston i wish u the best of health asap :)

i do know u could have a great little buisness it just need lots of sorting out if its to be run smother
i know u do know ur stuff maybe it was the effect of No0013

best of luck in both ya health n work

dave
:)

MattyH16valver
25-04-2006, 19:00
I had my willy conversion done at LTR and I was happy with the work that was done...though not so pleased with the time it took to carry out the work..although Winston was off i'll for a while which is fine. I feel sorry for Winston cos of the way James treats him, cos really there supposed to be business partners. Engines as sweat as a nut though...so I can't complain about the work. Good to hear your on the mend Winston..loving the silver valver! 8)

Martin
25-04-2006, 19:55
Get well soon winstone..

stew
25-04-2006, 20:26
seconded mate.

8)

bass_direct
25-04-2006, 23:23
Thirded..

ai, twas me that got bass_directs fuel pump workin! :wink:

Cheers man 8)