PDA

View Full Version : Oh She's Feeling Good

Swervin_Mervin
19-04-2006, 21:33
8)

Just bled the rear brakes with it on the ground, bit of a strange one as the right rear only let so much out and then stopped, and there was loads of pressure required to push the pedal down even though the nipple was open.

However, put it all back together and went for a blast down the A34 bypass in Handforth. Oh it felt good to finally have the old girl back on form after a few months of trouble. The brakes are now pin sharp and it's grabbing noticably at the front again with the DS2500s like it used to.

She was flowing beautifully, especially with the quick direction and camber changes as you come on and off the roundabouts. On the return journey I was coming on to a large r/bout in the o/s lane (stanley green for those that know it) and a new shape A3 in the n/s lane tried to keep with me. Round the roundabout and he was there, but then comes the quick left off the exit with a slight camber change. Bit of tyre squeal from the n/s rear from mine and I got 2-3 car lengths no trouble. Could see he was nearly riding on his phat rims. :P

He nips out behind as we get to the next roundabout. There's a 50 limit and scamera just up ahead but just enough room to have a quick blat off the exit. He was nowhere. It was too easy. Blatted round the next small roundabout and then sat at 50 coming in to the resi area. Eventually he came past, fogs on, and lo and behold it was a 2.0 TDI.

I'm sure he should have troubled me more than that, but maybe he thought I was a bit more enthusiastic than him. :twisted:

Saturday is going to be wicked. Shame Kirmanators clutch has just failed.

Coops
19-04-2006, 21:45
excellent news matey! how u sort it on the floor man? still wit wheels on i guess n crawlin about a bit?!!

Swervin_Mervin
19-04-2006, 21:54
Yep, bit of a squeeze but it's actually less fannying about than getting it in the air and level. Got the right spanners now as well. Had an 8mm first time but the fronts are 8, one rear is 9mm and one is 7mm :roll:

Ended up buying the 7 and 9 and it's much easier than trying to use and adjustable one. :P

clowo16v
19-04-2006, 22:14
Those 2.0 TDi's are fairly quick I had a do with one up a hill in the Clio and I could'nt pull away. On the flat I pulled away fairly easy, they're probably comparable in speed to a RSi.

Matt

BRUN
19-04-2006, 22:21
my rear nipples are 8mm, and so is the new nipple i bought from Renault

MAXIBOY
19-04-2006, 23:52
check that the rears lock up on the brake pedal. sounds like you could have a blockage. jack one side up at a time apply the brakes with the handbrake off and check them. or get your friendly mot guy to put it on the brake tester for you

Swervin_Mervin
20-04-2006, 09:49
check that the rears lock up on the brake pedal. sounds like you could have a blockage. jack one side up at a time apply the brakes with the handbrake off and check them. or get your friendly mot guy to put it on the brake tester for you

Will do. Brun, might it have a different nipple in if one's sheared off at some point and they've been re-tapped? Wouldn't want to buy a new one at 8mm and find it doesn't fit. How much are they from Renault?