PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Flux/highway Insurance

summeh
06-04-2005, 13:28
Just got a quote through Adrian Flux with a company called Highway, they have quoted me £544 Fully comp for my Williams, this is with exhaust manifold, decat and cat back system declared aswell, which doesn't affect the policy.

I am going to ring back to confirm this. I want it in writing that they will actually cover me with a decat on.

Im with Churchill at the moment who quoted me 550 but dont allow mods because im under 25. This is by far the best quote ive had yet. I've got 5yrs NCB and no convictions.

What do you guys think. Do you think they don't care about decat ? Most insurance companies wont insure it.

Martin
06-04-2005, 13:41
No matter which broker I use they always end up insuring me with highway, I've had no problems they will cover virtually any mods.

Swervin_Mervin
06-04-2005, 13:43
Just got a quote through Adrian Flux with a company called Highway, they have quoted me £544 Fully comp for my Williams, this is with exhaust manifold, decat and cat back system declared aswell, which doesn't affect the policy.

I am going to ring back to confirm this. I want it in writing that they will actually cover me with a decat on.

Im with Churchill at the moment who quoted me 550 but dont allow mods because im under 25. This is by far the best quote ive had yet. I've got 5yrs NCB and no convictions.

What do you guys think. Do you think they don't care about decat ? Most insurance companies wont insure it.

Go straight through HIC themselves mate instead. I haven't heard great things about Flux. I can personally attest to the efficiency and friendliness of HIC come claim time though.

summeh
06-04-2005, 13:48

Go straight through HIC themselves mate instead. I haven't heard great things about Flux. I can personally attest to the efficiency and friendliness of HIC come claim time though.

Ahhh, I didnt realise they was referred to as HIC!!! Seen posts about them before etc.

Anyways few questions to save me ringing them (will do anyway to confirm), but do they cover all mods and not put the price up? For me they quoted the exhaust can change how I like and won't affect the quote. What other stuff does this apply to do you know? I want to mod the bollocks off my willy :)

Also do you have a website/number for HIC directly so I can get a quote?

Swervin_Mervin
06-04-2005, 13:59
Just forgot. HIC aren't Highway but do Highway policies. But they are really good. My policy included mods and also, they didn't tell me but it said on the policy, trackdays!

01279 506090

summeh
06-04-2005, 14:03
Just forgot. HIC aren't Highway but do Highway policies. But they are really good. My policy included mods and also, they didn't tell me but it said on the policy, trackdays!

01279 506090

What mods have you declared? Do you need to declare them?

summeh
06-04-2005, 14:06
Also, is your's a Highway policy? (are highway the underwritters of your insurance)

Swervin_Mervin
06-04-2005, 14:10
Mods I had to list were non standard alloys, IK and exhaust.

I'm not with them anymore but that's only because I needed business cover and after the accident I lost 2yrs NCB (which I should now get back) and had to go elsewhere. Highway only do a basic business cover y'see.

Highway were the underwriters yes. I'd go back in a flash if I left this company or didn't need business cover anymore.

Rudders16v
06-04-2005, 14:22
HIC is Herts Insurance Co, so they're a broker but they use Highway as an Underwriter. Highway WILL NOT deal direct with the public, even if you already have a policy with them, so you have to go through a broker, Adrian Flux and HIC are the main ones.

Im with Highway through HIC, and have all my mods decleared on my 19, except the Nos, but including the decat, they seem to cover everything i've ever asked to be covered except Nos, and never charge much extra. In fact, i upped my agreed valuation by over £2k with new mods, and premium didn't rise a penny

I'd say that as a broker, Adrian Flux are much better to deal with than HIC though, just HIC seem to charge less brokerage on Highway policies

Swervin_Mervin
06-04-2005, 14:31
I've never heard good reports come claim time though from Flux.

Rudders16v
06-04-2005, 14:37
I've heard the same that people have had problems (or at least long delays) with Flux with claims, but i'd imagine that that is down to what Underwriter is used, not Flux as a broker

When my insurance comes up for renewal this year, i'll be going back to flux after 3 years with HIC, just purely cos i've got so fed up with HIC's c**p customer service.

MAybe we could get a discount scheme set up with Flux?? I know the RSC had a discount scheme for a few years now, even when we only had about 200 members

VIPERONE
06-04-2005, 14:40
Hic have consistently offered me.... crap quotes lol.

summeh
06-04-2005, 15:08
so they don't cover NOS then? cuz i was planning it.

Swervin_Mervin
06-04-2005, 15:19
My claim has been sorted in 4 months through HIC/Highway. Very good I think.

Rudders16v
06-04-2005, 15:37
Nope, although they've been "getting close to be able to cover it" for about a year now! Adrian Flux are the only ones i know of who will cover it, even if it's only for off-road use

summeh
06-04-2005, 17:19
lol I just rang HIC for a quote, same details as I gave Flux, and they quoted me double what Flux did! The guy sounded embarresed on the other end of the phone actually, stating that "We can't do anywhere near that, sorry, this is more than double".

They don't allow NOS either.

summeh
06-04-2005, 17:20
My search continues...

Tommo
06-04-2005, 17:31
Try Privilege mate they give good quotes to people with 4+ yrs NCD. I'm insured for about 530 notes FC with protected NCD

Martin
06-04-2005, 17:41
NOs is for quakers anyway get some proper engine mods!

VIPERONE
06-04-2005, 17:49
nos= SPAM

spastic PLastic American Moron

Slithers
06-04-2005, 18:14
NOs is for quakers anyway get some proper engine mods!

http://cgi.nickywitts.plus.com/uploads/dragster02.gif

Hmmm u think hes a quaker?, lol

summeh
06-04-2005, 18:20
lol i dunt give a toss what u lot say :) bang for buck its the cheapest mod.

summeh
06-04-2005, 18:25
Flux cover decats :)

summeh
06-04-2005, 18:35
just got the quote for adding a 50BHP NOS system, which has to be fitted by Wizards of NOS, has to be their kit aswell...

Takes the premium from £544 up to £1135 !

So from 150 BHP to 200BHP results in a 2.086 times modifer, just incase anyone else wanted to work it out (would give a rough estimate).

summeh
06-04-2005, 20:25
[-o<