PDA

View Full Version : Paint chip repair

MattyH16valver
18-04-2006, 19:51
Is there any way of sanding down a small area of your bonnet and re-spraying and laquoring it...or would it not blend in with the rest of the paint? I've tried using a touch up pen...but it looks shit! :roll:

steveos_16valver
18-04-2006, 20:00
no not unless your willing to do the bonnet and blend into the wings too thats probally the only way imo for it to look good

benjer182
18-04-2006, 20:36
if it is near the edges you will need to blend the wings but if it is small a blow-in may be possible it depends were it is on the bonet and if the chip goes to the primer or you could flat it with 1000 grit or 1200 but dont go through then put some stopper in it to make a blow-in more possible

MattyH16valver
18-04-2006, 20:49
Tried applying the paint in layers with the pen untill it overlapped the sides..then sanded it down with 1200 wet and dry, then used some scratch X. ****ed it up though as I took some laquor off to...tried to replace it with the laquour touch up pen, but it looks shit :( The chips not near the edge of the bonnets...kind of near the front. cheers for help so far 8)

big hp
18-04-2006, 20:54
Chips away. They come to your house, a guy i used to work with (who lived in Haddenham by the way) had them do his golf GTI and they did a awesome job. Costs £80ish for a bonnet. But don't quote me on that.

MattyH16valver
18-04-2006, 21:01
cheers m8...only got one big chip at the mo rather than lots of small ones..so think that price would not really be worth it as theres a bloke in Haddenham who sprays classic cars and did my bonnet last for £100 notes...might just get it re-sprayed again :lol: