PDA

View Full Version : My car 1st pics (56k run for the hills)

rt_blackpool
18-04-2006, 14:43
I've been posting on here for a while now, and thought its about time to get some pics up :)
only got her about 2 weeks ago, but already done some engine related stuff to her. the bodywork isnt good, a few scrtaches and a shit load of stone chipping at the front.
she's not road legal yet but hopefully should have her all ready for FCS :) there was no service history with her, but it doesnt mater much as i plan to re do just about everything anyway.

by the way, before anyone says anything, i havnt done anything to this car that you can see.
the rear shelf/fuel cap isnt my doing and will getting changed! lol

Front:- loads and loads of stone chips on the front, it looks shocking!
also someone's managed to carve their name (or something) into the bonnet to the right of the rain catcher. :( :evil:
however im not bothered about body work, i just want to get her mechanicaly sound 1st
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/16v_rt/before%20anything%20was%20done/frontsmall.jpg

Rear:- everything at the back seems to be ok, and i really like the fact someone's colour coded the bit where the boot handle is (between the light clusters).
only thing is a bit of a scratch on the bumper/bumper strip on the drivers side rear corner.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/16v_rt/before%20anything%20was%20done/7eb10bee.jpg

Wheels and Brakes:- Im not a big fan of these wheels and will be changing them soon.
She needs new pads all the way round, is it worth replacing the discs as well?
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/16v_rt/before%20anything%20was%20done/wheel.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/16v_rt/before%20anything%20was%20done/wheelsun.jpg

and one last pictire in underneath blackpool's sunny blue sky!
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/16v_rt/before%20anything%20was%20done/6ed13a0f.jpg

vts_saxo
18-04-2006, 14:46
Looking good, really suits red.

Hope you enjoy it

Gav
18-04-2006, 14:46
when ever u do anything on the breaks dude, change pads and discs
unless brand new, u need to change them no point putting new discs on old pads or vice versa

but apart from that dude car looks schweet! like the boot handle

if u need ur bonnet spraying pm me 8)

clowo16v
18-04-2006, 17:12
You can just change the pads and leave the old disks if they're not too bad, but never put old pads on new disks.

If I had to change disks & pads every time it'd cost me a fortune I need to change them every 4-5000 miles.

Matt

2 live
18-04-2006, 17:35
definately the best red the clios came in..........

cliorossa red......as its now known lol.

Dancliovalver
18-04-2006, 17:38
lol

i love red valvers and that looks the bollox mate

theweekendhaslanded
19-04-2006, 07:59
it will be good when you have finished the beast, best of luck!! hope you have a big pot of cash!! lol :D

Clio b
19-04-2006, 08:53
looking good.... liking the blue sky! :D

rt_blackpool
19-04-2006, 10:10
Looking good, really suits red.

Hope you enjoy it

thanks, it put a big smile on face on the way back up the M6 ;)

when ever u do anything on the breaks dude, change pads and discs
unless brand new, u need to change them no point putting new discs on old pads or vice versa

but apart from that dude car looks schweet! like the boot handle

if u need ur bonnet spraying pm me 8)

You can just change the pads and leave the old disks if they're not too bad, but never put old pads on new disks.

If I had to change disks & pads every time it'd cost me a fortune I need to change them every 4-5000 miles.

Matt

thanks for the advice :) i'll be looking through the other tech FAQ's and guides for some more details on doing it :)

it does look nice, just so much to do. think i might have a go at t-cutting them out, but just for ref willy jr, where abouts are u mate?

rt_blackpool
19-04-2006, 10:18
lol

i love red valvers and that looks the bollox mate

thanks :D i nearly bought a blue one, but its such a comman colour, i wanted something a bit more stand out so when people saw it they'd go "wow, a red vavler"

+ it makes it easier for u guys to spot when its back on the road :P

it will be good when you have finished the beast, best of luck!! hope you have a big pot of cash!! lol :D

:roll: moving on

looking good.... liking the blue sky! :D

thanks :D it was the only day it was really good here, it seems to have dissapered now!! dont suppose u've found it down south? :P

Clio b
19-04-2006, 10:19
ducky grey sky outside my winda right now! few white clouds but no blue! :D

donsrno1
19-04-2006, 11:56
Nice car mate - I really like them in that colour. Was this the one that was on Ebay a few weeks ago? based in wales somewhere IIRC?

titch16v
19-04-2006, 18:22
nice car

dalla
19-04-2006, 23:14
Nice car similar to mine. The red is really growing on me. When i first got the car i didn't really like the colour that much. Now i am actually very pleased with it. Yours is also a 1991 right?