PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear

clowo16v
17-04-2006, 01:25
Had a proper look round the car today to find all the problems and what needs changing for the new engine. The list is rather long. It needs (starting at the front):

Mechanical

Passat TDi Radiator
Manual Steering rack conversion
New Strut Top Mounts
Coilovers
Subframe
Wishbone Bushes
Bottom Ball joints
New front disks & pads
New Exhaust
Ajustable rear shocks
New rear disks & pads

Bodywork

New (hopefully fibreglass) bonnet
New Sills
New OS rear arch
B pillar repairs both sides
New rear bumper

Thats what I could see in general. Seems like a lot to do and would be cheaper to buy another, but they would probably need the same sort of stuff doing aswell.

Matt

Andy P
17-04-2006, 01:32
why a passat rad?

Nice list mate, id be proud of that one

Coops
17-04-2006, 10:29
hehe, add front bumper, other arch, both fog lights, offside front indicator and handbrake cables, oh and speedo cable and u got mine!

clowo16v
17-04-2006, 17:19
It'll cope with the heat and its a lot shorter than the Clio rad so it'll let more air into the throttle bodies.

Matt

Andyvalver
17-04-2006, 18:06
Throttle bodies :shock:

clowo16v
17-04-2006, 19:34
Oh aye. Had the bottom end run in on my mates new rig today which is designed so he can run the bottom end of engines in gently, whereas running cams in is fairly harsh (2-3000rpm for 30 mins straight after it is first fired).

It tests the stresses on the components and apparantly once run in he took it to 8700rpm with no bottom end problems which is nice. Just got to get a megane head now and get that rebuilt with the bits i've got.

Matt