PDA

View Full Version : Descions..

Laine_16v
16-04-2006, 21:40
Heres the situation,

Mate had a mk1 clio 16v, way before i even started to learn to drive, i loved it, sounded awsome was nice and fast, i wanted one simple as.

So about a year later i passed my test had about 6 months driving under my belt (in a 4 litre jeep wrangler, fun fun :P ).

I went searching for my first one i had about £700, so i knew i wasnt going to get a great one.

Found one on ebay, went and viewed it and hastily bought it alongside a plethora of problems.

Now this was back in december, ive spent quite a lot of time getting it good, there was a whole list of problems ive worked through to get it right.

However, everytime i go to her in the morning and look at it i think "is it worth it", now coming up its going to need cambelt alternaotr belt, water pump which will be £350 or so. It rattles a bit and has an annoying squeek, but it puts a smile on my face everytime i boot it, and the engine is sweet as a nut.

Then while trying to repsray the sunroof aluminium bit managed to get a duting of paint on the roof and part of the door, and would love a respray, but again i ask is it worth it?

What do you think?

Coops
16-04-2006, 21:57
these little trails and tribulations only make it more worth while. i see it that when summit goes wrong i can change it for what i want, making it more my car. and i know for a fact if i sold up i'd regret it like hell, buy another one with more problems and end up at square one

in simple terms, KEEP IT!

or buy a williams................ :P

Laine_16v
16-04-2006, 22:03
Cant afford a williams or the insurance but i will have one in a few years :D

To get it mint i need to get it resprayed, new cambelt kit, alternator belt and waterpump, needs a new recon gearbox and a new PAS pump, wheels refurbished, and ideally new interior pieces.

= ££££'s, part of me doesnt care and says its my car and its worth it, the other says cmon its a 14 year old french car, wtf you doing throwing cash at it for?

Coops
16-04-2006, 22:07
same that we all feel, but i just been for a blast over the hills in bradfield near sheffield tonite, then got back and tucked her up in the garage for the night. and god do i love the car, no matter how french it can be!!

just bought new tyres and tbh i cant wait to spend more money on it, just aint got any atm!

the list of stuff i want to do is as long as my arm and you wudnt believe the list of stuff i already have done since i got it back in august!

dannyb1986
17-04-2006, 11:18
these cars you will allways have a list of at last 5 things that you want to do to them, but thats what its all about in my eyes! i do one thing to mine, then i think of something else that needs doing!

srose88
17-04-2006, 14:24
i'd say its worth it, i think these car will soon be collectables, so getting one into mint condition will be worth it in the long run

Andyvalver
17-04-2006, 14:45
I think were all in the same boat tbh, we all have the same shit to deal with but stick it out becuase a valver is such a great car to drive 8)

Laine_16v
17-04-2006, 15:09
Thing is tho, you all have great valvers, my one is no where near the standard of you guys.

Ive just been out for a blast in it, and i do love it, there arent many other cars for sub £1000 that would do the same tbh.

Im guna stick it out and see how things map out.

Anders
17-04-2006, 15:54
Thats the way mate...

You have just summed it up in one...there isn't another car out there that gives the same pound/performance value. Maybe Pug 106 but there French too!!

Everything can be fixed...and doing it yourself you learn for next time...