PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare day

MattyH16valver
15-04-2006, 16:49
Had some fun today...throttle cable decided to snap so I had to call the AA out to fit a temporary one, then when I got home I was annoyed to see a nice big stone chip on my newly sprayed bonnet! :roll: Havin no luck with this bloody car at the moment, got the front discs to change also cos one is fooked cos the garage did'nt fit them right. Can't help but notice stone chips like that on a bonnet...considering having another re-spray :(

stew
15-04-2006, 16:53
gutted mate.

dont worry about stone chips. they are fooking enevitable (sp)!

these clio's always keep you on your toes with things needing fixed. much better that way tho. means the car is in better nick at the end of the day!

MattyH16valver
15-04-2006, 16:58
Cheers m8ty..is it generally best to get a genuine renault throttle cable or would a copied version be ok? I've had the previous one repaired, and was told this would be ok...only to snap again.

Smokey McPot
15-04-2006, 17:01
If its anything like the clutch cables, go Renault

stew
15-04-2006, 17:03
go reno all the way! 8)

2 live
15-04-2006, 17:03
best off gettin a reno one tbh mate.....spurious ones are usually shite

as for stonechips....if u drive ur car ul get em anyway..so no point frettin over em imo.

my bonnet looks like the sky at night now lol

MattyH16valver
15-04-2006, 17:07
best off gettin a reno one tbh mate.....spurious ones are usually shite

as for stonechips....if u drive ur car ul get em anyway..so no point frettin over em imo.

my bonnet looks like the sky at night now lol

Lol, best go for the Renault one then...cheers guys, as people say, u do your best to keep your car looking good, but eventually you get chips/scratches etc.

BRUN
15-04-2006, 20:40
my cars only been sprayed a year and my front end is full of em

im gutted but i do loads of motorway drivin so i cant really help it