PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Dilemma

MattyH16valver
14-04-2006, 21:14
Found out yesterday that one of my discs and caliper carriers is nackered cos one of the caliper carrier bolts has come undone and fooked the inside of the disc! :roll: This was the big brake kit conversion from k-tec, so i've got a feeling I won't be able to buy another disc and caliper carrier seperately. Don't know who I should blame for this....the garage who fitted them, or K-tec? Definately not my fault, cos I have'nt altered them since I've had them fitted. I've got the feeling that neither the garage or k-tec will take responsiblity, so I'll either have to splash out on another kit, or but some standard sized discs and calipers. :cry: More bloody money! What do you guys think I should do? Matt

Justin..
14-04-2006, 21:30
new discs are 130 + vat a pair, dont know about the caliper carriers. i have one average condition 285 k-tec disc if your interested? i just replaced mine after a minor mis-hap :oops: i take it the aluminium extender bracket is ok??

MattyH16valver
14-04-2006, 21:39
Thats a lot of money for 2 new discs! Think the aluminium extender bracket is fine...just the disc and caliper carrier the mechanic said. How old is the disc that you've got m8? What happened to yours? Did you not replace both discs? Matt

Justin..
14-04-2006, 21:41
yes i replaced both discs hence one good one, my wheel came off and errm fookered the disc lol. the good disc has done a few 1000 miles. wear on it, has about a 1 mm lip on the inner edge

MattyH16valver
14-04-2006, 21:45
Oh yeah, i remember that :lol: How much would you want for it m8ty? Is 1mm lip still quite a bit? Must have done roughly that same milage on mine.

Justin..
14-04-2006, 21:47
its a bit of wear but more than enough should you need to save for new ones :)

make me an offer for it