PDA

View Full Version : coilover ajustments

Dancliovalver
13-04-2006, 18:48
rite i have a set of AVO coilovers on my car, im very very happy with them, but i really wanna set em up properly

their not siezed up or anything so i can adjust them really well

just wanna know how u can tell wether you are making your set-up too hard or wether it needs to be harder??

i know that they need to be pretty hard, but dont wanna make em too hard and end up shaggin something

cheers guys

MAXIBOY
13-04-2006, 19:33
are you on about spring height or rebound/ stiff ness setting. spring height should be set on corner weight plates but can be set on a flat surface by measuring sill height. stiffness is all a matter of taste unless you can afford track time to lap time yourself. though waste of time if its a road car. drive your favorite roads on min and max settings then adjust to suit

Dancliovalver
13-04-2006, 19:39
kool cheers mate

its for stiffness/road handling

well i seem to feel more in control wen they are set alot stiffer, i supose its just trial and error, spend a few hours and im sure ill get the rite settings for myself

whats the best setting for track??

MAXIBOY
13-04-2006, 19:44
again its all about testing. thats why all the big teams spend hours tweaking to shave a second a lap. and even the same touring cars are set different for different drivers. there is no magic formula different settings work better for different drivers on the same circuit.

Jason
14-04-2006, 10:29
Hope you enjoy them m8 :wink:
Could you tell us how much you got them, where from, pics?
Chech this for adj -> http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10195&highlight=