PDA

View Full Version : oil and water leak!

dannyb1986
13-04-2006, 18:09
my clio loves throwing the fluids out of it while iam at work, i got home today to a oil and water stained road!! The oil seems to be coming from under the gearbox, any ideas? also should there be a pipe coming from the bulkhead not connected to anything? i have the 2 from the header tank, and then one to the drivers side that comes out the bulkhead not connceted to anything? can someone have a look and see where it is supposed to go??

Coops
13-04-2006, 18:24
erm, there shud be three connected to the header tank, one to the rad, one to the heater matrix throught the bulk head and one little one to the stat housing! have u got 2 coming out of the bulk head next to each other near the header tank?

dannyb1986
13-04-2006, 18:28
yeah two through the bulk head, both to the bottom of the header tank? then one to the left of these coming out the bulk head going to no where!

Coops
13-04-2006, 18:32
just nipped out for a nosey. theres three, the one u think is disconnected is some kind of breather i think, on mine it runs under the car and is attatched facing backwards underneath, i remeber it! the other two attach one to the header tank (bulkhead side connection on tank) and the other to the back of the engine block

dannyb1986
13-04-2006, 18:35
so it shouldnt connect to anything then? i thought it was a breather, but i thought only cars with AC had them, why do these cars allways leak form evry possible place!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Coops
13-04-2006, 18:38
am guessin it mite be intake for cold air for inside the car? but its a bit close tho the exhaust if u get a leaky gasket for that :? dunno tbh. wheres the water leak actually coming from tho? can u see any staining in the engine that points to a culprit? the oil leak i wudnt worry unless its pissin out, mine leaks a bit from sump and from gearbox but its 12 years old so i cut it some slack!! :P

dannyb1986
13-04-2006, 18:44
i know its leaking a bit of water from the main pipe, ive got that pipe in my garage waiting to be fitted, but i just moved that pipe a little bit to see where it was leaking oil, and it pissed water out!

Coops
13-04-2006, 18:45
which? the one ur gonna replace? if so get it done mate n ur worries are over with the water thing!!

dannyb1986
13-04-2006, 18:47
no the one that conncets to thin air! iam going do the pipe, ive just been witing for my thermostat, i didnt see the point in trying to bleed it twice!

MAXIBOY
13-04-2006, 19:40
think its the water breather that lets excess water out that is not needed . pics would help though