PDA

View Full Version : powerflow/blueflame etc

Swervin_Mervin
11-04-2006, 23:13
Can they make up sports cats? The VTSs cat has sheared off today :evil:

No one lists off the shelf jobbies for the Xsara or 306 so was wondering if these guys can make them and what the quality is like.

Martin
11-04-2006, 23:15
Don't think they can do sports cats no...just de-cats IIRC

Swervin_Mervin
11-04-2006, 23:22
Bummer. Thought so.

**** me though you want to hear how fecking loud this thing is! I've never heard anything like it in all my years of having seen cars have their zorsts fall off. The cats went and hid when she was driving down the road, and they were in the house! :shock:

Sounds 8) as.

northy
12-04-2006, 07:43
demon tweeks sell bits to make your own sports cat if i rember rightly.

not sure if blueflame do - i never asked when ive been in

2 live
12-04-2006, 10:31
get it decatted mate lol...take the cat off, n get it welded up for next mot.

btw.........halfrauds had some pads in for the xsara yesterday.....if u intrested........red dot 1s .....£30

Swervin_Mervin
12-04-2006, 23:15
She decided against de-catting it. Read a fair bit on the 306 boards that for those engines decatting might not actually be the best option. Spent a whole day waiting for Kwik Fit to get the cat, but fair play to the guy, he knocked it down from the quoted £288 he told me in the morning to £218 when she paid because of all the faffing.

I really have never heard anything so loud either. :P Now mine has to go in tomorrow hopefully for the alty, which should've been done today but couldn't because of the Xsara. :roll:

I have to bounce it off the limiter to get the alty to start working, look like a right muppet. :P

Then it's hers back in next week to get a coolant leak fixed which I spent all day sunday trying to sort but couldn't get the ****ing pipe off, thanks to the french doing their usual thing of making a simple engineering task very complicated. Why they couldn't use a ****ing jubilee clip I don't know. :evil:

big hp
12-04-2006, 23:18
My mate just had a sports cat built by powerflow for his slk so yes they could of done it. He was charged £200.