PDA

View Full Version : valver airbox V induction kit

rt_blackpool
11-04-2006, 07:31
why does everyone prefer the airbox over the IK?

im not making judgement either way, i was just wondering. :?:

Laine_16v
11-04-2006, 07:53
Cos the induction kit sucks in hot heat soaked air in hotter weather.

I have used both, PiperX induction kit and OE Airbox with K&N.

I have to say the induction kit is better in freezing cold weather can feel it has a lot of responsiveness.

However if the weather gets warmer the airbox is partially shielded from the heat and therefore you will get better results using the airbox.

Personally im using the airbox now the weather is getting warmer, however doesnt sound anywhere near as good as the induction kit :P

MattyH16valver
11-04-2006, 13:07
as above...if you can a decent cold air feed to an oe airbox, then that should help too 8)

dan-hipgrave
11-04-2006, 17:01
I have both PiperX IK and standard airbox - I can feel a difference with the IK on, the car feels sort of bogged down when you floor it, and is definately less responsive overall. The noise, however, is great!

MAXIBOY
11-04-2006, 19:33
did the original air box not have a cold feed from the passenger side front wheel well anyway.

Laine_16v
11-04-2006, 19:53
Mine does

Andyvalver
11-04-2006, 20:21
I have the piperx ik on at the moment. When its cold/cool its defo better than the standard air box imo but when hot like in summer you really notice the lack of power.

MattyH16valver
11-04-2006, 20:58
did the original air box not have a cold feed from the passenger side front wheel well anyway.
Well it does..but there can't be a great deal of cool air avaliable here. At least with a decent fog light scoop and ducting, air can be forced into the airbox which will be alot cooler that the air inside of an engine bay etc.

MAXIBOY
11-04-2006, 21:26
but the air in the front wheel well is cool as theres a lot of cold air their due to the depresion caused by the air flow. but out of the front bumper or from the scuttle tray is better.

kj16v
12-04-2006, 20:04
Felt mine was weak in all weather with an I/K. Plus I think I/Ks sound crap. Just a whole loada noise and no power - bit like a backbox really! but at least they sound good!

rt_blackpool
12-04-2006, 20:25
but surley if there was some good heat shelding and a decent feed to it, would it not com eout the same as the airbox?

also what does everyone think of relocation kits wether its the viper one or the hill power bottom of the windscreen one?

Coops
12-04-2006, 20:30
you can try fabricating a shield n air feed, i did when i had my pipercross on but its not a patch on a proper o/e box with a scoop to the fog light!

relocation kits are good, hill powers is supposed to be very good as it apes the group n rally car feed to the scuttle panel, but vipers are sposed to be shite, cant really comment on either tho as i aint run em!

pound for pound a decent panel filter in an o/e box is best!

i had a piper cross, sold it for 50 quid and bought an ITG from brun for 29, slapped it in the airbox i got for nothing when i bought my phase 2 wheels and ran a 7 quid bit of ducting to it from the front bumper! more power for a 14 quid profit! :twisted:

kj16v
14-04-2006, 23:07
but surley if there was some good heat shelding and a decent feed to it, would it not com eout the same as the airbox?

Maybe but what's the point in paying money for no gain - and to attract the attention of chavs and car thieves?

kj16v
14-04-2006, 23:20
I wish I'd invented the Viper. Talk about easy money. "Hey punter, gain 50bhp by replacing your sealed aibox with - a sealed airbox! But our one cost £250 so it must be good"

I've just come up with an idea I'm going to sell tailpipes wrapped in carbon for £500 along with some bull about how it "makes significant bhp gains by keeping reducing heatsoak thus keeping exhaust temps high for a jet afterburner effect" or something. Whaddya think? :roll: :lol:

Andyvalver
15-04-2006, 13:11
Some ****er on ebay would buy it :lol: Do it lol

midge
25-04-2006, 18:47
can brun supply the itg filter ?

gtbloke
25-04-2006, 19:13
^^^ yes £29 p+p if i remember right

midge
25-04-2006, 19:43
wahay, he'll be getting a pm when i sell something then.

BRUN
25-04-2006, 21:25
£29 INCLUDING delivery they are mate

gtbloke
25-04-2006, 23:24
:oops: sorry i meant including p+p

MAXIBOY
26-04-2006, 01:01
but there are gains to be had over the standard kit but it needs to be designed with the other mods you have in mind. i have gained over 15bhp on my turbo induction kit by using a kit that suits the other mods. the problem with any kit is the wide range they are supposed to suit. certain mods heads cams bottom end wil always work better with a custom induction system. there is now one system suits all. but development costs. thats why packages such as stage 1 stage 2 work if they have been developed on a standard engine but a mis match of the so called best parts wont produced the same results.

seanofnp
26-04-2006, 06:38
I wish I'd invented the Viper. Talk about easy money. "Hey punter, gain 50bhp by replacing your sealed aibox with - a sealed airbox! But our one cost £250 so it must be good"

I've just come up with an idea I'm going to sell tailpipes wrapped in carbon for £500 along with some bull about how it "makes significant bhp gains by keeping reducing heatsoak thus keeping exhaust temps high for a jet afterburner effect" or something. Whaddya think? :roll: :lol:

Il have one... Pmed!

:lol:

kj16v
26-04-2006, 22:31
Maxiboy:Have you got a Clio turbo? If you have don't suppose you could post some pics of the engine bay could ya? Particularly the exhaust manifold. Cheers :wink: By the way. Very true what you said. Problem is the manufacuturers and all the mags give the impression that buying overpriced air filters will make your Festa do 10 sec. quarters

Il have one... Pmed!

:lol:

Well due to the obvious popular demand I'm going to go into production of my carbon backboxes. The delux version will have a fan-blade thingie inside the pipe to spin the gases to create a vortex or somethin', which'll make gains of 20% Proven in a scientific test when compared with blocking the pipe with a big potato