PDA

View Full Version : New section to club.

KingStromba
05-04-2005, 09:00
After a short parlance with 2live, we think it might be a good idea to have a championship section to the club. This will be for racing times. The winner each year could get a cup, which in subsequent years is passed on to the next winner.

Im thinking about:

Fastest standing 1/4 mile?
Fastest lap of the ring?
Point to point road course on the isle of man?
Fastest lap round a short course like Oulton park?
Fastest 0-100?

You can attempt them as many times as you like but must provide video evidence to back up your time. I know people will say 'ooo the ring is so far away, cant we have a raod course in Essex town centre?' :x

2 live
05-04-2005, 10:54
yeah but not only for the fastest mate.......

mintest willy 1

mintest willy 2

mintest willy 3

mintest valver

best conversion

etc etc etc

KingStromba
05-04-2005, 10:56
But you know ill win mintest willy 1 every year :wink:

Martin
05-04-2005, 10:59
Sounds like a good idea....not sure about going balls out on the ring or the road though....could get a bit competative and people could push a bit too much!?

MatBrown
05-04-2005, 11:05
Video evidence is hardly conclusive and not everyone has access to a camera.
Least with the 1/4 mile you get a print-out.

Mat.

NickFr
05-04-2005, 11:32
Sounds like " cheque book " racing to me, and I am not too proud to say that totalling my car would leave me f****d.

This club has got to recognise and appreciate that not everyone wants to die young!! this isn't the fast and the furious. Track stuff maybe, but you must compare like for like or its just plain silly.

I know I sound like a BOF but don't want anyone to get hurt :wink:

2 live
05-04-2005, 12:06
tbh wen doing timed runs.the only thing im trying to beat is my own personal best..if i beat the guy at the side of me or someone elses pers best...then thats an added bonus.....the main thing for me is to beat myself, but have fun doing it lol

think its only same with tracks etc.....once uv been round a couple laps...u get a feel for it. then u wanna go round a bit quicker.....and a bit quicker still .cos u know u and ur car can take that corner at an extra 5 mph..... u dont do it cos so and so went round at woteva..u do wot u feel safe at. IMO anyway

how bout..

slowest lap of the ring.......now surely that would cause more accidents lol

and stromba would win that too cos he doesnt thrash his cars lol

KingStromba
05-04-2005, 12:26
Well if you cant take the pace mate. Still that wobbly valver suspension wont be up to much round the ring anyway :wink:

Martin
05-04-2005, 12:45
Once my coilovers are on Stromba I'll leaving you trailing... :wink:

KingStromba
05-04-2005, 12:50
Sounds like fighting talk Martin.

Hey, if you dont have a vid cam, borrow one. If you dont want to total your car, keep it within its limits or dont enter the comp. :D

Martin
05-04-2005, 12:54
Hehe I don't think you are gonna do too well Stromba being quick involves taking your car over 3000 revs!! :P

KingStromba
05-04-2005, 12:57
Nahh mate ill keep the revs low and carry excess speed through the corners.

You ever see M Schumacher finish second in the Spanish Grand Prix with just 5th gear :wink: ?

My style is unorthodox........but effective :wink:

KingStromba
05-04-2005, 13:00
In fact its funny cos i was watching on board rally action the other night, a williams car with sequential gearbox, and the guy was shortshifting every change. Wonder if it was a traction issue.

VIPERONE
05-04-2005, 15:15
LOL.Stromba does go over 3000k... i heard him at at least 7k revs pulling away from the traffic lights slowly....

NickFr
05-04-2005, 17:14
Ref the earlier posting probably sounded like the Mary Whitehouse of racing, on second thoughts, I would be up for some lap times and standing 1/4 mile times!!

This is not a challenge but I think my Willy is quite quick, I suspect it's been driven very hard and has loosened up :wink:

KingStromba
05-04-2005, 18:38
LOL.Stromba does go over 3000k... i heard him at at least 7k revs pulling away from the traffic lights slowly....

Gibson has old man clutch control

FlamingMonkey
05-04-2005, 20:11

Gibson has old man clutch control

hehe