PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 27th @ Brunts - Discounted Track Time

french car show
08-04-2006, 21:28
Hi

3 HOURS OPEN PIT TO MAKE A WEEKEND OF IT

Please advise members there is track time available online for Saturday 27th May Track & Prep day at FCS2006 .

£75 will get you open pit for three hours on the 2.1 mile circuit. If you consider 15 mins on track, 15 mins off, you will have at LEAST 6 sessions that morning which is exceptional value of money at £12.50 per session. Of course if you can stay out longer that’s your call !

http://www.urbanimage.tv/fcs_cart/cart.html?productId=tracksat
There is also opportunities for clubs to do Rolling Road Shoot Outs at the venue on Saturday if you are looking to make it a weekender !

TRACK CARS CAN BE LEFT AT BRUNTS OVERNIGHT

Mark Dow
Director
French Car Show Ltd
http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk
mailto:mark@frenchcarshow.co.uk
07973 900 134[/url]

Lunner
09-04-2006, 14:34
£75 for 3 hours, or £150ish for a full track day of around 8-9 hours, hummmm

french car show
09-04-2006, 18:43
Doesn't work like that mate.

Full track day is mostly split into sessions and the rule of thumb is one 15 or 20 minute session per hour if you are lucky and are usually based on at between 75-100 cars.

We are fully aware on standard track days and how much you get and the £75 open pit is good value for money.

Brunts do track days at £120 but thats based on 100 cars.

This you come and go as you please for three hours.

I pay £68 for two hours open pit at Knockhill and the sessions are always rammed.

I aniticipate this being said but its usually because the facts are not looked at.

Furthermore average track day. Briefing at 0900, out on queue for session at 0930. Lunch 45 minutes. Off track by 1630 at the latest which is about 6 hours track time so you should get 6 sessions.

3 hour open pit at Brunts. 15 mins on, 15 mins off, Thats 6 sessions albeit compressed over shorter period so bargain at £12.50 per session as suggested.

Cheers.

Lunner
09-04-2006, 18:50
Ever track day i've done has been open pit lane

french car show
09-04-2006, 18:58
Okay fair point, that is the case for some BUT its £75 down to numbers. Its limited as per your session on Sunday.

When you consider we pay £10k a day for the track, staff and ambulance alone (not including the other stuff we have to pay for like showground, sprint track etc).

We are not pushing the price onto clubs.

The session I refer to above has actually been booked by Sax P and are charging £75 to cover their costs. We opted to add it to the FCS shop to help them along.

What I must stress is FCS is not a track day. Due to high turn over of drivers on one day rather which is 4-5 times the norm and the proximety to thousands of people we get humped with insurance costs.

In a but shell track nor sprint track does not pay at fcs but its all part of the weekend, the attraction and fun.

Look at the sprint track. we'd have to sell about 150 umlited passes to even start paying for it.

So don't be too harsh. Just trying to justify we are not ripping people.

Cheers

Lunner
09-04-2006, 19:03
:oops:

Sorry, guess it did come over a little harsh

richy
09-04-2006, 19:19
tbh i dont think thats bad mark, u pay anywere up to £200 for trackday, and usualy get around 7hours on track due to having breifings etc in morning, add dinner hour to

sounds alright to me tbh :)

french car show
09-04-2006, 19:24
I can see why some people think that.

Plus don't forget this is at French car show, not some mid week thing.

There will be loads of mates to shout you on......

Looking like its gonna be a top weekend the way its shaping up this year.