PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Cars

donsrno1
07-04-2006, 15:51
I've seen a few cars recently which I was thinking I could break and make some good money out of but just wanted to check a few things.

What do most people do with the car once it has been totally stripped of parts? I know some places offer to collect scrap cars for free, but what would you do if it had no wheels or suspension etc to move the car?

It's just an idea to make some extras money just now but as I know there are a few on here who have in the past/still do break cars I thought they would be the best to ask.

Thanks.

clowo16v
07-04-2006, 17:41
I either borrow one of the trucks from the recovery garage I used to work at and hiab it onto the back of it or phone up a local scrappers if its pre 1983/RWD and he hiabs it onti his truck.

Sometimes I get the 9" grinder out and cut it into 1 foot square sections and take it to the tip.

See ya

Matt

Justin..
07-04-2006, 18:11
what do ya do with logbook once youve cut it up?

donsrno1
07-04-2006, 18:28
I either borrow one of the trucks from the recovery garage I used to work at and hiab it onto the back of it or phone up a local scrappers if its pre 1983/RWD and he hiabs it onti his truck.

Sometimes I get the 9" grinder out and cut it into 1 foot square sections and take it to the tip.

See ya

Matt

Might be me being stupid but what do you mean by hiab?

As I say the main problem I would have would just be what to do with whatever remains as it would amost certainly have had the suspension and wheels removed - so couldn't be pushed onto any sort of truck or out of a lock up easily. I suppose cutting it up is definately and option.

Justin..
07-04-2006, 18:41
hiab is a flat bed lorry with a lifting arm

donsrno1
07-04-2006, 18:45
hiab is a flat bed lorry with a lifting arm

Cheers mate, thought it might have been something along those lines.