PDA

View Full Version : DeCat Systems??

sideswipe
07-04-2006, 14:26
i've been wanting to decat my clio for a while but i've been told that they make your car fail on the MoT and i dont want that, want to know if ths is true because i know some people that have had it done.

rt_blackpool
07-04-2006, 14:31
not 100% sure, but as far as im aware any car from a k reg onwards (inclusive) will fail with a decat, J's and before wont fail

MattyH16valver
07-04-2006, 15:15
Quite simple...just put ur cat back on when it comes round to the MOT again...does'nt take long. :)

Dan_mk1
07-04-2006, 15:22
Or get friendly with an MOT tester and leave it on :wink:

donsrno1
07-04-2006, 15:33
not 100% sure, but as far as im aware any car from a k reg onwards (inclusive) will fail with a decat, J's and before wont fail

There's a good chance of that happening but it's not certain. You don't by law have to have a decat on a car. However, for cars made after 1992 (I think it was 1992 but no 100%) the emissions controls are stricter and as a result it is quite likely that you would fail without a CAT, but you will not be failed purely for the reason of not having a CAT.

rt_blackpool
07-04-2006, 16:22

There's a good chance of that happening but it's not certain. You don't by law have to have a decat on a car. However, for cars made after 1992 (I think it was 1992 but no 100%) the emissions controls are stricter and as a result it is quite likely that you would fail without a CAT, but you will not be failed purely for the reason of not having a CAT.

yes sorry, maybe my post was a bit to much to the point.

what i ment is as u said, it wont fail purley for not having a cat on.

is it not something to do with the lamba(sp?) sensor as well?

dannyb1986
07-04-2006, 18:00
no its nothing to do with the lambda sensor, that adjusts fueling depending how much oxygen it senses in the exhaust gases, the cat is to stop hazardous gases out the exhaust, the emissions test does test lambda, but a decat shouldnt effect lambda, i tested mine the other day with a decat just wondering if it would pass or fail, and it failed!