PDA

View Full Version : Choose the first Williamsclio holiday location (2005)

KingStromba
04-04-2005, 19:48
1. Nurbergring

2. Isle of man

3. Neither, im too skint

4. Some place else

If you vote ill take it you want to go there

2 live
04-04-2005, 19:50
5.. cheap campsite in the south of france and a trip to the french gti show

KingStromba
04-04-2005, 19:54
That will be option number 4 then 2live :roll:

2 live
04-04-2005, 19:57
that could be option no. 5 mate.....no.4 could stay as is hehe

GazTwo
04-04-2005, 20:26
6. A trip to Wales for a TrackDay.... 8)

KingStromba
04-04-2005, 21:02
Track day schamack schmay.

Why not organise a track day (notice the word 'day' not 'weekend') right on the far side of the country? It takes me 2 hours to get to Cambridge from here. Then i got 300 more miles to get to Wales :shock:

It would be worth it if it was a long weekend.

GazTwo
04-04-2005, 21:06
It is a long weekend, were going up Thursday evening and camping, Track Day Friday then camp Fri and Sat night head back Sunday.

KingStromba
04-04-2005, 21:13
But thats North Wales??

Shit roads full of English tourists.

All the good roads are in central and southern Wales are they not?

Still convenient for the Chester posse :wink:

GazTwo
04-04-2005, 21:31
Well why don't we organise a route through Wales....start out on Saturday and find somewhere to camp Saturday night then a final run back towards home, but that may bump up the price a bit with the extra fuel.

Not sure mate, there's plenty of time to do allsorts of long weekends etc....but all I'm saying is people wanted to do Track Days and with Anglesey being a smaller venue I have more chance of getting enough numbers to have a Club TrackDay, and I've managed to incorporate a bit of camping.

I've already gone through the process of booking the track and Simon has had to change a few things round so we could have that perticular date. It's a Friday so we can camp and end of the month for when people get paid.

Jamie.
04-04-2005, 21:47
if you want fast roads King then just take the A470 from Black Cat roundabout towards bangor then get back on the A55 for a whopping 4mile straight towards angelsey. if u want more than that on saturday, just get back on the a55 and head towards betws y coed then go straight through towards bala excellent roads there, or for more of a challenge u could go towards snowdonia. loads of good roads IMO! just got to know the area

GazTwo
04-04-2005, 21:53
There we go Jamie is our leader, he knows the roads well along with Tom_16v, I'm sure we'd have an entaining weekend mate and well worth the trip over even if it was just for a day it would be worth the drive just to see Mark take his Clio round the track....:wink:

KingStromba
04-04-2005, 21:58
if you want fast roads King then just take the A470 from Black Cat roundabout towards bangor then get back on the A55 for a whopping 4mile straight towards angelsey. if u want more than that on saturday, just get back on the a55 and head towards betws y coed then go straight through towards bala excellent roads there, or for more of a challenge u could go towards snowdonia. loads of good roads IMO! just got to know the area

No, i want corner, corner, corner, corner, hairpin, corner

GazTwo
04-04-2005, 22:05
Well what do u think were going on the Track for.....no cars coming the other direction....just maybe Monkey doing his dancing rountine in front of u and no fear of any police to take away your licence.

If u think about it we all do some pretty stupid stuff on the main roads and on a track it just makes it that little bit safer without checking your mirrors for flashing blue lights.

Anyway I'm not saying I don't want to do your trip but there is no point 2 of us trying to organise events at the same time, some people will want to do yours and others mine we need to work togther on events it hard enough as it is.

I'm clocking off anyway, speak to u soon.

KingStromba
04-04-2005, 22:14
I dont see a problem with two trips. I dont really want to do a track day at the moment as my engine isnt run in or remapped. And i wanted to go somewhere without too many ppl, where i could get some decent road action and chill back with some BBq's and beer. No offence but in summer North Wales is busy as ****. I used to Live in chester and its really touristy up by the Northern point,. Just not my kind of thing. I am sure lots of ppl want to do the track day, but i can get to Germany in the same sort of mileage i can get to wales, and Scotland is closer too.

VIPERONE
04-04-2005, 22:18
scottish highlands, awesome roads and not many other drivers...can call off at highland towns in evenings for lodgings/camping beer and women.

KingStromba
04-04-2005, 22:26
Im up in scotland in september anyway if you wanna come up Gunner

2 live
05-04-2005, 10:14
lol....road over rannoch moor..from glasgow to stirling.......very nice hehe...good 2 mile straight comin outta tyndrum..lotsa techy corners..