PDA

View Full Version : problems help appreciated

lawsonvalver
06-04-2006, 00:29
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133078

could you please take a look at this post and help me out with the problems if you can thanks
lawson

Gav
06-04-2006, 08:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first problem = when i change gear or press the throttle i sometimes get a knocking noise sounds like its coming from the exhaust.

2nd problem = when i start the car up and for a about 20 mins i have a very squeaky noise sounds like a fan belt.

3rd problem = a whining noise from the steering wheel

4th problem = the car has thunderous vibrations at speeds through the steering wheel of 100 or over

5th problem = the gear stick is very jumpy and all bounces around

thats all i can think of but im sure theres more any help would be appreciated cheers

1/ exhaust mount is prolly loose, get under neith and check to see if it wobbles
2/ dunno
3/ whining noise prolly means u just need to top up with some PAS fluid, worst case u need a new pump
4/ thunderous vibrations at speeds means ur wheels need balancing or they r buckled, but more the balancing option cuz if they were buckled they wud shake at lower speeds than 100
5/ if gear stick is jumpy then you may need a new dog bone mount [hill power do a uprated one for about £50]

hope some of this helps dude 8)

clowo16v
06-04-2006, 11:29
No1 If the exhaust noise is coming from under your feet it may be catching on the bolts of the dog bone mount. If its from the rear it'll be catching on the axle. This will also be a symtom of no 5

No2 could be the power steering belt slipping as when the power steering fluid is cold it takes a lot of effort to spin the pump. Try to ajust it the proper way by moving the tensioner pulley, but this may be knackered. If it is take out the top bolt of the alternator and file the hole into a slot, then level the alternator out a bit and rebolt.

No5 - check all the engine mounts they might need replacing.

Matt