PDA

View Full Version : Clio 4 Pot Brake Kits Prices.

Mark_Ritchspeed
04-04-2005, 18:43
We finally have the prices for the Wilwood 4 Pot brake kits ready for the Clio with the first kits available in approx 2 weeks time.

The kit includes EVERYTHING necessary to fit apart from fluid :

Wilwood 4 pot Forged Dynalite calipers (Pair)
High Strength Aluminium brackets (Pair)
Wilwood Poly E Brake Pads
Braided Hoses (Pair)
All necessary fixings (High tensile bolts, lock-nuts etc)

£350 + £10p+p NO EXTRA VAT ON TOP

The only options we will be doing on this kit are the very high temp Wilwood brake pads at an extra £10 and Group N discs (same as Rally Design) at £40 per set. If their is enough interest we will also offer rear braided hoses and uprated pads at competitive prices.

This kit is basically a newer version of what I have fitted to my rally car and has been thoroughly tried and tested over 4 years of extreme abuse and has never,ever faded or let me down. The kit we will be selling comes with the newer Forged calipers which are substantially stronger than the ones I currently use.

The Poly E pads which will come with the kit as standard are suitable for fast road and track use whilst the Poly A are recommended as an extreme use track pad only. The Poly E pads have a temp range from 0-900 degrees F , whilst the Poly A are rated from 450-1300 degrees F .

We will also be selling the pads seperately at £45 a set for Poly E and £55 a set for Poly A , giving customers the chance to switch between road and track use if necessary and to supply replacements when necessary .

This kit will fit all Phase 1&2 Clios as long as the wheel size is at least 15" although non 16v's and Williams will need the standard Williams discs.

For those that already have braided hoses fitted to existing calipers , these will still need to be replaced as they are approx 2" too short.

Before anyone asks for discounts , bear in mind that this is an extremely competitive price and we dont have a large profit margin , although we will offer FREE p+p to the first 5 customers.

Cheers
Mark

Martin
04-04-2005, 19:00
Bargain! Would be straight in there if I did'nt have similar kit already...

Mark_Ritchspeed
04-04-2005, 19:01
Is yours the same as mine , still using the old Dynalite 2's?

Martin
04-04-2005, 19:04
I think so fella...Craig put them on a few months ago so I don't know exactly what he got.

2 live
04-04-2005, 19:41
well mate.....i think il be havin a set of these off ya wen i get back off me hols...which will be about same time as u get em in

Slithers
04-04-2005, 20:12
hmmmmm, i said i wasn't ging to mod my clio, but big brakes rock, and these are very cheap compared to a certain non popular companies outrageous quote for a set of brembos, might be puttin money aside for these, :D

VIPERONE
04-04-2005, 20:35
OHHHHH la la...

me thinks i will be avin a set

KingStromba
04-04-2005, 20:54
Gibson, you have to buy baby brakes. These are too good for you. Not sure you can handle the stopping power. :wink:

FlamingMonkey
04-04-2005, 20:56
hmm wouldn't mind a set of these for Wales :twisted:

MatBrown
05-04-2005, 01:29
Loverly

*Checks Bank Balance*

Mat.

WeZ01y
05-04-2005, 07:07
I would definately be up for one of these kits...
How would i pay for them etc?
I can use the current uprated discs i have on at the moment, just the same size as standard but drilled/groved.
I have a Willy 3.
If you could let me know would be much appreciated.

Mark_Ritchspeed
05-04-2005, 11:26
Payment method at the moment is limited to cash, cheque or bank transfer. We will not be taking credit/debit cards until much later in the year.

As for discs , we DO NOT recommend using drilled and/or grooved discs , but recommend sticking to good quality standard vented discs, but if they are already fitted then by all means use them until they go. This is something I have learnt at GREAT expense over the years . At one point I went through 17 sets of front discs in under a year doing trackdays and at least double the amount of pads before arriving at this set-up.

The main advantage of this set-up is how well the discs and pads last , simply due to the lack of heat soaking around the calipers and being fed back into the system. Even using the very aggressive Poly A pads .

One thing to note however , that neither of these pads are low dust , and if you use the Poly A pads on track then we recommend using a spare set of wheels as the deposits will damage the finish on your alloy wheels. But then IMO there is simply no such thing as an effective heavy duty pad that does not develop more dust than standard pads.

KingStromba
05-04-2005, 12:29
:shock:

MatBrown
06-04-2005, 01:25
Haha,

There goes your nice shiney new wheels Stromba!

Mat.

KingStromba
06-04-2005, 09:23
Nahh standards for me pal. One of us has got to keep the flag flying for Frank.

Mark_Ritchspeed
06-04-2005, 10:43
I dont think its a major problem as people who opt for the Poly A pad (like me) usually have spare sets of wheels for track use anyway . I just like people to know beforehand. I usually use the Poly E for road and rallying and swap to the Poly A's when changing wheels before going on track. The other beauty of these calipers is it literally takes 1 min each caliper to change pads once the wheels are off.

The problem(if you can call it that) with the Poly A pads is that they never,ever fade so you just keep stamping on the brakes lap after lap without thinking about them . They are designed for endurance racing after all. Their is also another higher temp pad than the Poly A , but as I have never managed to make theses fade at all, I am 100% confident that no-one else will.

Craig
06-04-2005, 13:26
sounds good!

dynalite II's on the banana btw!

martin did ubleed the brakes mate??

Martin
06-04-2005, 16:56
Was supposed to be done a week or so ago but apparantly the bleed valve on one of the rear calipers is snapped off ....gonna get it sorted when I get round to it....

Mark_Ritchspeed
06-04-2005, 17:07
Absolute pain when that happens. Turns a 1/2hr job into potentially a few hour job.

richy
18-04-2005, 20:33
didnt see this, ive experienced the very simular kit on now martins banana and they do feel alot better then std set up

KingStromba
18-04-2005, 20:45
Standard schmandard

Mark_Ritchspeed
18-04-2005, 22:15
Standard cars are for completely gay people. This is one of the reasons people call me gay, but is not the only reason. I quite like to give and receive blow jobs whilst driving my Willy. It is also the only reason I chose this car because it reminds me of male lovehorns.

Really? :shock:

KingStromba
18-04-2005, 22:24
LMAO :wink:

stan
19-04-2005, 02:05
LOL!!

Have you ever had problems with emptying the reservoir? I would defo have a set of you, but ive just spent £220 on a pair of vernier pulleys. maybe next month.

Are the brackets you supply only for standard diameter discs, i.e. if i wanted to use R21 285mm discs would i need to knock my own brackets up?

Craig

y0z2a
19-04-2005, 02:30
good prices on these.

looks like another good option.

/y0z

Mark_Ritchspeed
19-04-2005, 09:33
LOL!!

Have you ever had problems with emptying the reservoir? I would defo have a set of you, but ive just spent £220 on a pair of vernier pulleys. maybe next month.

Are the brackets you supply only for standard diameter discs, i.e. if i wanted to use R21 285mm discs would i need to knock my own brackets up?

Craig

We could make up brackets to use a larger disc for you, but are the r21 discs not 5 stud? Wouldnt a bigger disc from the 172's etc make more sense as at least the holes are already in the right place?

If we had enough interest in using the larger discs from the 172'swe can also make up another kit using these for a very small increase in price.

y0z2a
19-04-2005, 11:10
would just be different brackets wouldn't it Mark or would you go for a bigger caliper.

What are the Pad shape ID's (want to see what other pads I could get for these?)

/y0z

stan
19-04-2005, 11:29
R21 TXI (or is it TXE?!) are 4 stud and 285mm

Mark_Ritchspeed
19-04-2005, 11:55
Yoz. Yep would just be a different bracket, but to be fair on any kit thats where all the work is involved.

There are a variety of pads available for most Wilwood calipers.
Ferodo ds 2500,3000,4003's
Performance friction 90,93,97,01 compounds
I also believe Mintex and Endless do pads for the Wilwood calipers

I use the Wilwood ones as I know they work and are in general a fair bit cheaper than all the alternatives unless you opt for shitty EBC which are also available.

Stan,
Just checked up in my book and you are correct. The 89-92 21 TXi came with a 285mm 4stud disc.

If you are seriously interested I can order a set of discs in and get them measured up. I would estimate an increase in price over the existing kit of around £20 (assuming we can still use the Dynalite caliper) not including discs. Does that sound reasonable?

stan
19-04-2005, 12:32
Wait and see how i get on money wise over the next 2/3 weeks, but they are defo on my shopping list.

And yes £20 extra is very reasonable....would save me a couple of hours in the workshop anyway!!

summeh
21-04-2005, 13:34
mark whats the weight of these calipers? a heck of a lot lighter than the standard calipers i assume?

im deffo interested in this kit, but ive got to save up for a few months first :D

standard discs would be fine, don't want to be spinning extra weight with bigger discs.

Mark_Ritchspeed
21-04-2005, 23:40
I thinkk i've got the weight details somewhere. But its possible I may have been drinking tonight so will look them up tomorrow. :roll:

I do know that they are significantly lighter than standard iron ones though.