PDA

View Full Version : whining from willy3

mdmcgivern
03-04-2006, 18:20
hi guys
bought willy 3 yesterday
had 17's on it but came with originals. knew there was problem with drivers side front wheel brakes or bearing. there was a whining and very slight vibration from it, in straight line the noise and vibration was there and turning right there too. but when turning left ever so slightly the noise was gone and car was smooth as silk? when i swapped wheel over just now there was no movement in bearing(up down) but was very slight movement (left to right) also gave caliper a good shake and felt a little play in this too. could the bearing have gone yet have no play in it?
on my old nova if wheel bearing went you could feel play in wheel when jacked up. any help/info would be great
mark

Justin..
03-04-2006, 18:27
the caliper shouldnt shake :shock:

Lunner
03-04-2006, 19:23
caliper is attached to hub carrier, so if the bearing is fooked caliper will shake :roll:

There will be letf to right play due to stearing, if its just a slight wine doubt tehre will be any play in it yet, spin the wheel off the ground and listen or noises.

Front what you have said i would defo say bearings, either that or cv joint, bearing is cheaper, swap that first

mdmcgivern
03-04-2006, 21:11
just want to say thanks for the info.
much appreciated. will take hub off and get replacement. get my m8s dad to press fit it in (save money)!

Coops
03-04-2006, 22:38
if its had 17's on mate, get the bearings done as a matter of course :P , seventeens shag the suspension n all so get em sold!! 8)