PDA

View Full Version : Clio 16v dead again

y4n
02-04-2006, 20:43
Need anyones help my clio will just turn over and wont fire up.
ive changed absolutely everything spark related and its costed me a fortune
but the wierd thing is the rev counter doesnt read when its turning over but i changed the crank sensor around four days ago and its fitted correctly and the clio still wont start. Its not sparking and i cant see why its not sparking cos the parts were brand new
i changed

coil
amplifier
crank sensor
tps
iscv
cap and rotor
leads and plugs
fuel filter
cts the correct one
IAT sensor
cleaned up earthing points
changed battery
but havent yet changed my ecu yet.

any ideas people :cry:

yan

matty
02-04-2006, 21:34
2 years ago after a period of standing mine wouldn't start. Changed plugs, leads, dizzy and rotor and then a new battery and still wouldn't fire.

I ended up getting my dad to tow it and bump started that way. Not sure why it wouldn't by itself but has been fine since then other than a drained battery a week ago which took 36 hours to charge.

Gav
02-04-2006, 21:47
u cud have hydro lock

I even done a diagram for u u lucky bugga

Hydro lock is when u have to much fuel in the cylinder, it isnt igniting because ur spark is soaking wet, u may take it oot and dry it then put it back in and when u do it gets soaked straight away.

So everytime u try and start, u keep pumping fuel into the cylinder head, and eventually there will be to much in there which then means there is too much pressure for the piston to move upwards as the fuel has filled the gap

this will in turn make a sound like ur battery is dead

you need to take the plugs out and spin the engine on the battery, dry ur plugs off put them back in u shud then be able to start you car 8)

hope this helps dood

stew
02-04-2006, 22:31
in laymans terms a flooded engine? :wink:

Gav
02-04-2006, 22:33
correctomundo

y4n
03-04-2006, 10:23
cheers lads will give it a go 8)

Gav
03-04-2006, 11:14
let me know if that works dood 8)

y4n
03-04-2006, 17:57
Williams-jr it got the car started then after about 1min the idle slowly drops and the car cut out and now it wont start again just like before :cry:

1fast6
03-04-2006, 18:09
Williams-jr it got the car started then after about 1min the idle slowly drops and the car cut out and now it wont start again just like before :cry:

Do the same procedure again and this time give it some beans on the throttle instead of letting it idle.

Gav
03-04-2006, 21:34
yup shud then work dude

but hey! least i got it started!! :D