PDA

View Full Version : Pre amp = external ampli? NEED ur help plz!

NicoTheFrench
01-04-2006, 20:42
Hi !!
I've got a problem
I'm interesting by this item:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9704257468&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:FR:1

But I don't understand what is wrong! Is it just the internal ampli so with an external ampli it's ok?
What means "pre amp" ?

Sorry, I have some difficulties with ur language !! :wink:

clowo16v
01-04-2006, 21:14
A pre amp is an external amplifier i.e one you add in separately to the head unit.

That head unit will only work if you run all your speakers off an external amp. If you just want to plug it into the standard speaker wires it will not work.

See ya

Matt

NicoTheFrench
01-04-2006, 21:22
A pre amp is an external amplifier i.e one you add in separately to the head unit.

That head unit will only work if you run all your speakers off an external amp. If you just want to plug it into the standard speaker wires it will not work.

See ya

Matt

Ok!
So here is my install:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3221/19oc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

With my external ampli (in red) audison 4x100 the 9812RB will work corectly?
But what are the exact words for "pre amp"?

Sorry but I have to be sure be4 buying it, I dont want to confond something !

NicoTheFrench
02-04-2006, 00:30
:wink:

FATBOY
02-04-2006, 00:43
if you have an external amp then it'll work! basically mate on any head unit you have connections on the back for 2 or 4 speakers which are powered by the head unit built in amp.

reason why you have pre outs on a head unit is so that it can bypass the headunits built in amp to be powerd by your external amp, if you try and run through the normal headunit channels and then the amp the amp will not ficntion correctly(keep cutting out,like i found out a few years ago!!!)

i notice with the head unit you are buying it has 3 pre outs on the unit so that will work fine with your setup.

how many channels is your amp? 1/2/4?? if its 2 channel then you will have to use one channel for your sub and the other channel will have to power your front dooe speakers

clowo16v
02-04-2006, 12:50
If that amp is just powering the sub you'll need another amplifier to run the cabin speakers with that headunit.

Matt

Purple
02-04-2006, 13:11
Think the seller has got his pre-amp and power amp mixed up.

That player looks like it got an integrated 60w power amp that can power the speakers directly. And it seems that it also has pre-amp outputs to go to external amps. He is saying that the 60W power amp is not working but his pre-amp outputs are OK.

Just email him and ask him. Tell him the equipment you have in hand and see what he replies.

clowo16v
02-04-2006, 13:59
Its definetley that:

The internal amplifier is blown. It will not have the normal 4x60w speaker channels like it should have.

The phono connections still work so it will send a signal to an external amplifier.

See ya

Matt

NicoTheFrench
02-04-2006, 14:20
Thx mates!
Yes my ampli is a 4X100W, so 2X100+1X200 for the sub!
So it may be ok :)

clowo16v
02-04-2006, 15:00
That'll be perfect mate.

See ya

Matt